Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Weekend.......


It was a weekend.....people at work decided to take a break from the busy monotonous life.....an outing majority voted....and majority won.....I sat in the corner and listened to everyone getting excited about the trip to this place i have not heard of.....i was not even interested to go but again i didn't want to be the stick in the mud......so reluctantly i gave my share to the collection and on a Saturday afternoon i left, to join the others who had already gone off ahead.....As the bus came closer to the destination, i was awestruck with the beauty of the place......the quietness, the landscape, and the fog which hugged me in its gentle embrace......i was mesmerised !!!! " Is this God's creation too ? " I asked my self.......i sat alone on the road side drinking in the beauty around me......and wishing that i had Him here today....beside me......sharing this beautiful place.......and feel the mist around us.....i could imagine how the mist would have settled on His hair......and i would brush it off with my hand......i wish He was here with me today sitting by my side talking in silence......i shivered ....it was a little chilly.....i wished ,.... and i wished so many things and the next thing i just knew what i had to do....i picked up my cell phone and put a call through.....i simply needed to have that Voice with me here tonight......i heard the group yelling out for me.......my time alone ended.......i had to go.....i slowly got up and walked back.....my evening reverie had ended!!!! All that was left of the weekend trip are photographs with a lot of lonely memories.......years later i recall them with fondness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you ever realise it is these very moments which teach you to value the moments which you spend with your dear one........to cherish and enjoy whatever time you get to share!

Anonymous said...

Nitu i have read all your posts here and i should say between the two, i prefer this though i see you are not a very regular writer here.nituscorner is good no doubt but nituthots is i feel like your diary. A glimpse of your inner self written into words but i am sure all have a true story attached.

R. Ramesh said...

The beatles sang: (i think) I saw her (him) standing there..so u will see him standing there soon..ya well written..like anonymous says: anything written or spoken from the heart touches everybody...have fun my very good friend.

Urmi said...

Thanks for your lovely comment.
I liked your this blog too. Very nice post. I appreciate for your beautiful writing. Keep it up!

Arvind Kumar said...

nicely written