Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Diwali.....The festival of lights.

This is one of my favorite festival.....Diwali .......the festival of lights. And here i often remember a hymn we learnt in school.......It was written by Sri Rabindranath Tagore and it goes something like this........."amidst your numberless stars.....let me place my own little lamp.....In the dance of your festival of lights ......My heart will throb and my life will be one with your smile....."!
I wish we could burn more candles in our everyday life and spread the spirit of brotherhood among our selves . Lets hope the light of our lamp enlighten us in every way and we do away with all the walls that we built around us built bridges instead. Let each lamp that we place in our homes signify the smile that we want to bring on every smileless face we see around us.And lets not wait for the next diwali to light another lamp.

No comments: