Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tears.......!!!!!!


One aspect of humans way of expressing emotions is through tears.......we see tears of joy and tears of sorrow, we see loud tears and silent tears. But for what ever reason our eyes fills up and we shed a tear, one thing is for sure ...its a great stress buster.
I am often accused of crying at the drop of a hat and shamefully ( if you can say that ) I agree whole heartedly. Not that I make a show of it, but people close to me would instantly know I have just shed a bucket and come. But there has been instances in my life where I have not been able to shed a tear and believe me I have not been able to recover either from such situations. I am not been able to find an answer as to why it happens to a person like me who would otherwise have a tap running. After so many months, when I recall them , I still feel the hurt as much......the wound never heals.
So folks, its good to cry and let out your emotions because tears can wash over any bad feelings, any hurt and even make you a born again..........and start over a new leaf.
What could have been more beautifully explained than, by Alfred Lord Tennyson in his poem " Home they brought her warrior dead " which I would like to share......its one of my favorite poems......

Home they brought her warrior dead:
She nor swooned, nor uttered cry:
All her maidens, watching, said,
She must weep or she will die.

Then they praised him, soft and low,
Called him worthy to be loved,
Truest friend and noblest foe;

Rose a nurse of Seventy years
Set her child upon her knee
Like summer tempest came her tears
Oh my child I live for thee.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hoping this diwali u tears with the million dollar taka....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kavita Saharia said...

Tears are beautiful...we have laughed together and cried so many times in each others shoulder...haven't we?Because we cried then, we can look back at those times smiling.

penak said...

beautifully written nitu.

R. Ramesh said...

oh God..just recently i wrote abt how, shunted alone in a room, against my nature, i am forced to shed tears..in solitary confinement..hey nitu...can u feel the impact of your writing..dont write such serious stuff yar..brings tears in our eyes too..
wondrful piece of writing friend..now share some joke and lighten us up...plzzzzzzzzz